When you apply to any of our Visual Arts and Film + Media courses you must submit a portfolio and you may be required to attend an interview afterwards.
Here's how to apply to a course that requires a portfolio at IADT:
- Apply through www.cao.ie before the 1st February 2017.
- Include any courses that require a portfolio that you wish to apply for in your list of choices. Using the change of mind facility on the CAO you can remove restricted courses and change the order of preference of restricted courses.
- You cannot add on new restricted courses after the 1st of February 2017. No late applications can be accepted - no exceptions!
- We will contact you (via the email address that you supplied to the CAO) around the 28th of February 2017 and inform you of your portfolio assessment date, which will be between the 14th and 16th of March 2017.
- We review portfolios in March. Points allocated for the portfolio are combined with the points from your Leaving Certificate (or equivalent).
- If you apply for more than one course, your portfolio will be separately assessed for each course.
- Please read the relevant guidelines below carefully, these are useful tips we have put together to help you create your portfolio.
|Design + Visual Arts Portfolios|
|3D Design, Model-making + Digital Art|
|Character MakeUp Design | Design for Stage + Screen|
|Costume Design | Design for Stage + Screen|
|Production Design | Design for Stage + Screen|
|Film + Media Portfolios|
|Creative Music Production|
|Film + Television Production|