Conferring 2019 (November 2019)
The Conferring 2019 ceremony will be held on Friday 8 November 2019 in the RDS Concert Hall, Dublin 4.
Congratulations to all of you who are to graduate this year. Information relating to the running order for the three ceremonies and a comprehensive FAQ section with regard to attendance, is detailed below. There are three ceremonies on the day, please take note of the ceremony your programme will be attending.
Please note that the timing of your programme's ceremony may be subject to change. A final version will be uploaded by the end of October and noted FINAL.
10.00 am Faculty of Enterprise + Humanities
Department of Humanities
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Studies + Arts Management
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Business Studies + Arts Management
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in English, Media + Cultural Studies
Department of Entrepreneurship
- Certificate in Applied Digital Business
- Certificate in Applied Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Digital Marketing Sales
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Entrepreneurship - Flexible
- Bachelor of Business in Entrepreneurship + Management
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Entrepreneurship + Management
- Bachelor of Business in Applied Entrepreneurship
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cultural Event Management
- Master of Business in Cultural Event Management
1.00 pm Faculty of Film, Art + Creative Technologies
Department of Technology + Psychology Undergraduate
- Bachelor of Science in Computing in Multimedia Programming
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Computing in Multimedia Systems/Web Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computing
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Creative Computing
- Bachelor of Science in Audio Visual Media Technologies
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Creative Media Technologies
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Applied Psychology
Faculty of Film, Art + Creative Technologies Postgraduate Programmes
- Postgraduate Diploma in User Experience Design
- Master of Science in User Experience Design
- Master of Science in Cyberpsychology
- Master of Science by Research
- Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Design Strategies
- Master of Arts in Art + Research Collaboration
- Master of Arts in Screenwriting for Film + Television
- Master of Arts in Broadcast Production for Radio + Television
- Master of Arts in Cinematography
4.00 pm Faculty of Film, Art + Creative Technologies
Department of Design + Visual Arts Undergraduate
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in 3D Design, Modelmaking + Digital Art
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Design for Stage + Screen – Character Makeup Design
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Design for Stage + Screen – Costume Design
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Design for Stage + Screen – Production Design
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Visual Communications Design
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Art
Department of Film + Media Undergraduate
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Animation
- Bachelor of Arts in Creative Music Production
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Creative Music Production
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Photography
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Film + Television Production
FAQ - Important Information – Please Read this Information Carefully
Your Name on your Parchment
Please note that your parchment will be printed using the name on our student database. If you want your parchment printed differently, eg Joseph instead of Joe, you must let us know, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Wednesday 16 October 2019, otherwise it will be issued as is.
Please note that, if you have fees outstanding, you will not be able to attend the Conferring ceremony. Please ensure that any outstanding fees are paid, in full, by 12.00 Noon on Wednesday 6 November 2019. Do note that we do not process fees on the day of the conferring.
How many guests can I bring?
You are allowed to bring up to two guests to this ceremony. Please note that, because of capacity and health and safety reasons, the maximum number of guests is two per graduand. Please note that no buggies are allowed in the Concert Hall.
How do I get to the RDS?
The RDS is located in Ballsbridge, Dublin 4 and is easily accessible via bus, car or DART. Detailed information on how to get to the RDS can be found on https://www.rds.ie/RDS/media/RDS/Visitor%20Info/Files/RDS-Access-Guide-2017.pdf
Is there car parking available on site?
Entrance to the RDS is through the Anglesea Road Entrance only. The RDS operates a pay & display system. Cost for parking on the day is €7 per car.
Where is the Ceremony being held?
Your ceremony will be held in the Concert Hall – you will enter via the Anglesea Road Entrance into the Registration Room and then on to Gowning and Photography.
When do I have to be in attendance?
You are required to be in attendance 1.5 hours before the ceremony start time to allow for registration, robing and seating.
How long is the Ceremony?
Each ceremony lasts 1 to 1.5 hours, depending on the numbers being conferred.
All students must wear a gown during the ceremony. Gowns must be booked and paid directly through https://www.phelanconan.com/hire/graduate - simply choose IADT as your Institution. You can book online up to 4 November. After that date, you will have to order and pay direct to Phelan Conan on the day. Graduands may also wear a cap if they wish.
Lafayette Photography is the official photographer for your graduation. It is advisable to book and pre-pay your photography in advance at www.lafayette.ie. Payments on the day must be made by debit/credit card only. The studios are open two hours before each ceremony. You can have your photos taken before (scrolls are provided for this purpose) or after the ceremony.
*Note – all hire and payments for gowns and photography is via the respective companies and not to IADT directly.
Tea/coffee and biscuits will be served to Graduands and their guests at the end of the ceremony.
If you are not Attending
If you are unable to attend in person, your parchment will be awarded in absentia. Please complete and return the Award in Absentia Form (see download link below) to email@example.com confirming your non-attendance. You may collect it from the Office for Academic and Student Affairs at IADT from Wednesday 13 November 2019. Parchments can also be posted at Graduand’s own risk.
Photography + Filming of the Event
Photography and filming will take place throughout the day, from 8.00 am to 7.00 pm. These will be used by IADT for the purpose of promoting its activities and may be published on the Institute’s website and circulated to the press and other media organizations for publication, transmission or broadcast. If you do not wish to appear in the photographs or films, please avoid this area at the times given above.
If you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you have a relaxed and enjoyable day.
Correct as of 30.09.19
Award In Absentia Form
Spring Conferring (March 2020)
A Spring Conferring Ceremony will be held for the following programmes on Friday 20 March 2020 - information will be sent out to these students in mid-February 2020. This event will be held on campus at IADT.
- Masters of Business in Cultural Event Managment
- Master of Business in Digital Entrepreneurship
- Master of Arts/Science by Research
If you have lost or mislaid your parchment, please go to http://www.iadt.ie/services/academic-student-affairs for information on how to obtain a duplicate.