When you apply to any of our Visual Arts and Film + Media courses you must submit a portfolio and you may be required to attend an interview afterwards.
Here's how to apply to a course that requires a portfolio at IADT:
- Apply through www.cao.ie before the 1st February 2018.
- Include any courses that require a portfolio that you wish to apply for in your list of choices. Using the change of mind facility on the CAO you can remove restricted courses and change the order of preference of restricted courses.
- You cannot add on new restricted courses after the 1st of February 2018. No late applications can be accepted - no exceptions!
- We will contact you (via the email address that you supplied to the CAO) around the 26th of February 2018 and inform you of your portfolio assessment date, which will be between the 12th and 15th of March 2018.
- We review portfolios in March. Points allocated for the portfolio are combined with the points from your Leaving Certificate (or equivalent).
- If you apply for more than one course, your portfolio will be separately assessed for each course.
- Please read the relevant guidelines below carefully, these are useful tips we have put together to help you create your portfolio.