Assistive Technology is an umbrella term for any technology that helps with a task. It can be a common technology, such as spell check in a word processor or on a phone. It can also be a specialised technology such as a screen reader, text to speech or voice recognition.
Assistive Technology services available at IADT -
- Assistive Technology hardware, such as Smartpens, Dictaphones, OCR scanners, laptops, microphones, etc.
- Assistive Technology software, such as text to speech, spelling & grammar checkers, voice recognition, mind mapping, Ebook readers, etc.
- Training in the use of Assistive Technology hardware and software. This includes one to one training, group training, enrolling the student on Blackboard VLE and access to training resources.
- Maintenance and help with hardware and software issues.
- Advice on up to date solutions and new developments such as Web and Mobile apps, Ebooks, Cloud Computing, etc.