My Future IADT
My Future IADT is a unique transition programme for secondary school students from our local linked local DEIS schools. Schools nominate 5th-year students to participate, with priority given to students with an interest and aptitude for college study as well as students with disabilities. The students on the programme participate in a series of on-campus events over a whole academic year.
The programme goals are to:
- improve the students' awareness of college
- increase their belief in their own ability to attend college and their motivation to achieve a college place
- increase students' knowledge in how to study effectively, how to cope with study stress and how to apply for college and student grants
My Future IADT is kindly funded by Pobal's Dormant Accounts Fund and is delivered in conjunction with Southside Partnership and the following local schools in 2016-17:
- St. Laurence College
- Holy Child Community School
- Cabinteely Community School
- Rockford Manor
My Future IADT also has a business partner in Naidu+, a Leadership & Career Coaching consultancy. Naidu+ are committed to social justice and access to education and provide pro bono Coaching sessions for the programme.
The 2016-17 project report is available for download below.