Copyright + Photocopying
The guide is to act as a reminder of the limits to the photocopying of copyright material permitted under the Licence granted to IADT by the Irish Copyright Licensing Agency Limited (“the Licence”).
If you need to know or learn more about IADT's copyright licensing please contact IADT's Head Librarian in the first instance.
What material may be copied?
Extracts from books, journals and periodicals published in the territories specified in the Licence, PROVIDED THAT the extract does not exceed:
- one complete chapter, or 5% of a book, whichever is the greater;
- one article from a periodical or journal;
- the whole of a short story or poem not exceeding 10 pages in length from an anthology.
What material may not be copied?
- Items specifically excluded from the Licence;
- Printed music;
- Maps, charts, books of tables;
- Artistic works and other visual material which is not essential to an understanding of the text;
- In-house journals, and privately prepared teaching materials.
To learn more about Irish copyright laws and reproduction rights visit http://www.icla.ie/