Why Choose IADT
The Careers Advisory Service is here to help students of all years and recent graduates with career planning and job seeking.
Contacting Careers Office
Location: Room C008, Carriglea Building.
NOTE: If the Careers Officer is unavailable when you call there is an Appointment Request Form available in the Student Services waiting area next door, C006.
Careers Officer :Paul Murphy
Telephone: 01 239 4670 (internal extension 4670)
Among the services provided are:
- confidential career counselling, including individual assessment and vocational testing
- up-to-date information on
- career opportunities,
- progression to further studies,
- job vacancies
- employer recruitment.
- web-based and hardcopy careers information resources
- a programme of careers education seminars
- graduate destinations surveys
The Careers Service has a section on Blackboard, the Institute's VLE.
If you are a final year student or recent graduate you can be included on a class mailing list in the Careers Service's Graduate Database to receive updates on employment, further studies, careers events etc. To be added to or deleted from this database just send an e-mail to : email@example.com
Other key careers websites:
- Destinations : http://www.destinations.iadt.ie/index.shtml (This is a password-protected website with a wide range of careers information. You can access it on Institute computers using your usual login.)