The National Digital Research Centre (NDRC) is a Translational Research Institute, which was proposed by the LIBERTY Consortium and founded with five institutions: IADT, NCAD, DCU, UCD and TCD. The centre acts as a national focal point for technology innovation in the digital media domain.
Under one umbrella – the NDRC – Liberty works with collaborating institutions to address unmet needs in specific areas of digital media. These institutions have a substantial and specialist knowledge and infrastructure, ensuring that the Centre develops a critical mass of expertise not currently available in Ireland.
NDRC will realise its mission by pursuing the following core objectives:
- To establish an inter-disciplinary collaborative research space to support the emergence and development of the digital media sector in Ireland;
- To provide a centre for the pre-commercialisation of research applicable to digital media emanating from industry and academia;
- To provide core competencies in support of R&D in digital media in industry and academia;
- To provide teaching and learning programmes focused on commercialisation of new technology for the digital media industry;
- To leverage its research and academic work in digital media to offer a benefit to society, both locally and nationally.