The Student Union is the student representative body working to promote the academic, welfare and social interests of the student population. Every IADT student is a member of the Student Union.
There are four full time sabbatical officers – the President, Deputy President for Education, Deputy President for Welfare & Equality & the Deputy President for Commercial & Social Enterprises. There is also one part time Clubs & Societies Officer. If you have an issue that needs addressing in any of these areas, or any part of student life, you can call into the office to discuss your concerns in complete confidence.
The Student Union represents the interests and rights of the students in all matters relating to the students’s time at IADT. In particular it
- Represents and defends the interests of its members on matters relating to their education and protects and furthers their rights as citizens.
- Provides facilities for recreation.
- Affords a recognised means of communication between the members of the Union and the Institute Authorities.
- Promotes communication with other student bodies at home and abroad.
- Defends the right of students to organise social, cultural, political and sporting associations, as well as lobbying for the use of appropriate Institute amenities.
- Will oppose any organisation which promotes discrimination on the grounds of gender, age, sexual orientation, race, physical ability, religion or national origin.
The Student Union is an affiliate member college of the Union of Students in Ireland (USI).
The Chapel, opposite the Trevor Scott Hall in the Quadrangle building, is the Student Union centre and it is open from 9.30am – 8.00pm Monday to Thursday and 9.30am – 5.30pm on Friday. The Chapel is a place for recreation and relaxation and is open for students to watch movies on the big screen, listen to music through the sound system or play any of the games provided such as pool, table football and board games. The Chapel is also the venue for most Students' Union events and features weekly entertainment evenings with bands or comedians taking the stage.
Your Student Union Executive for 2012/2013 is:
|President:||Marie Farrell (email@example.com)|
|Deputy President for Welfare & Equality:||Emma Penny (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Deputy President for Education:||Lisa Murphy (email@example.com)|
|Deputy President for Commercial & Social Enterprise:||Sean Gallagher (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Clubs & Societies Officer::||Eoin Dixon Murphy (email@example.com)|
Any of the Student Union Officers can be contacted on 01 239 4646 (or 4646 on an IADT courtesy phone), or by email:
More details are available on www.iadtsu.ie