MA Interdisciplinary Design Strategies
This exciting new programme has been designed in collaboration with the Institute Without Boundaries in Toronto. Through collaborative practices the programme provides candidates with a systematic and in-depth knowledge of integrated design strategies. They will develop critical awareness and employ advanced design methodologies.
The programme responds to the needs of industry for graduates with the required combination of knowledge, skills and competencies to work within interdisciplinary teams in the broader design, technology and professional services sectors.
What will I be doing?
- Complex Problem Solving and Critical Thinking.
- Developing creative solutions for economic and cultural challenges.
- Working with industry partners and stakeholders on “live projects”.
- Manage and participate in national & international charrettes.
- Develop interdisciplinary outcomes for services, products & strategies.
Graduates will be prepared to work independently or as a partner at a strategic level across a broad range of sectors. Typical pathways include traditional design studios; technology sector (product development teams); professional services; non-for profits; government and private organisations, cultural institutions or their own enterprise or consulting service.
Areas of specialisation areas include; service design, communication design, planning, architecture, design strategy, project management, research and entrepreneurship in a variety of local and global enterprises.
What modules will I study?
An international collaboration, developed by two established centres of excellence, the curriculum is carefully crafted to allow students to both learn and apply models and theories of design strategy using real case studies with global significance. Throughout the process, students have on-going access to a large list of industry professionals, expert advisors, and faculty.
- Applied Design Development
- Design Issues: Context and Theory
- Design Strategy: Research
- National Charrette
- Integrated Design Process
- Design Strategy: Application
- Design Strategy: Communication
- Final Project
This course is developed and delivered in collaboration with the Institute Without Boundaries / George Brown College, Canada.