BA [Hons] Creative Music Production
What will I do?
- Learn how to creatively use industry-standard equipment and software.
- Learn from some of the finest sound engineering/music industry practitioners in the contemporary music scene in Ireland.
- Benefit from a mixture of lectures and practical work of the highest commercial standard.
- Get unrivalled industry experience, access and contacts.
Key themes include: studio recording and music production, critical listening, live sound engineering, computer-based music creation, electronics, broadcast and acoustics.
What will I be able to do when I graduate?
Opportunities exist for graduates to undertake a huge variety of careers in the growing music and new media industries, with new opportunities constantly arising. Previous sound engineering graduates are profiled on soundtraining.com/alumni/ and continue to lead the worldwide music and new media industries.
What modules will I study?
Sound Engineering; Audio Production; Broadcast; Music Theory; Acoustics; Audio Technology Fundamentals.
Advanced Sound Engineering; Advanced Audio Production; Music Theory 2; Critical Listening; Electronics; Creative Audio Programming.
Major Project, in which you master your creative and technical skills; Critical Listening 2; Music Industry Studies; Interactive Performance Systems, Audio for Games.
Major Project showcasing specialisation, Advanced Music Composition, Creative Entrepreneurship, Advanced Studio Engineering & Production
- There is a €200 yearly studio/equipment levy.