BA Creative Music Production
What will I do?
- Learn how to creatively use industry-standard equipment and software.
- Learn from some of the finest sound engineering/music industry practitioners in the contemporary music scene in Ireland.
- Benefit from a mixture of lectures and practical work of the highest commercial standard.
- Get unrivalled industry experience, access and contacts.
Key themes include: studio recording and music production, critical listening, live sound engineering, computer-based music creation, electronics and acoustics.
What will I be able to do when I graduate?
Graduates go on to forge careers in the growing music and new media industries. Previous STC graduates continue to lead the worldwide music and new media industries, as you’ll discover at soundtraining.com/alumni/
What modules will I study?
Sound Engineering; Audio Production; Broadcast; Music Theory; Acoustics; Audio Technology Fundamentals.
Advanced Sound Engineering; Advanced Audio Production; Music Theory 2; Critical listening; Electronics; Creative Audio Programming.
Major project, in which you master your creative and technical skills; Critical listening 2; Music industry studies; Interactive Performance Systems.
- A Level 8 Honours Degree programme will commence in September 2018
- There is a €200 yearly studio/equipment levy